The daiquiri is a cocktail made initially from white rum and lemon juice. There are many variants of this delicious combination. If you want to know how to make a banana daiquiri To liven up parties with friends and family, stay tuned for this article.
The daiquiri has its origin in Cuba and its main ingredient is the Cuban rum, the history of the cocktail is curious and arises by chance. Jennings Cox, an American engineer who worked in mines located in the city of Santiago de Cuba, wanted to invite family members who were visiting the city for a drink. How the gin had run out, he turned to rum to prepare a glass, to which he added lemon juice and a little sugar to sweeten it. Thus arose the "Daiquiri", whose name refers to the mines where he worked.
Today multiple variants of this cocktail have emerged. In this case, en.com we will show you how to make a banana daiquiri, one of the tastiest, enjoy!1 person 15 minutes Low difficulty Ingredients:
- 50 ml white rum (good quality)
- 25 ml of banana liquor
- 1 ripe banana
- Ice cubes
- A powerful glass blender that can chop ice
- A knife to cut
- The ingredients listed above
- Cup to measure quantities
- Big cup
- Decorative elements for cocktails (umbrellas, cañitas, etc ...) (optional)
The elaboration of the daiquiri is simple. The key, as in almost all recipes, is to choose good quality ingredients, especially in the case of rum. The daiquiri is refreshing and tasty, ideal for hot summer nights.
In the blender we pour some ice cubes and add the white rum, the banana liqueur, the ripe banana cut into pieces (we reserve a piece to decorate) and the sugar. You can use brown sugar if you prefer, or some dietary sweetener if you can't drink sugar.2
We beat everything at medium speed for approximately 30 seconds, without dissolving completely. Remember that the elements of the daiquiri dissolve easily so it should not be absolutely liquid.3
Once beaten, it is served in a cold glass, you can previously put it in the freezer for a while and then decorate it in various ways. In hypermarkets you will find decorative elements for cocktails that will give life and color to your preparation.
Put the piece of banana that we have reserved previously on the edge of the glass, as a decoration, although, as we mentioned in the previous paragraph, you can do it in the way you like best, we encourage you to innovate!4
But of course banana is not the only alternative to prepare one of the most popular cocktails of all time. There are many more options. and en.com we invite you to try our favorites, learn to do:
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make banana daiquiriWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.Tips
- If you like very sweet daiquiri, add coconut liqueur, which combines very well with the banana.
- If you want to continue with the original recipe, you can add the juice of a lemon or a lime, which will make it more refreshing.
- You can decorate the edge of the cup with sugar. To do this, moisten the edge of it with lemon and apply the sugar on top so that it is adhered.
- Remember that the daiquiri carries alcohol, you should consume it in moderation and responsibility.