Kiwi or is an exotic fruit native to China, although some versions say it comes from New Zealand. This small-sized fruit comes from the plant Delicious Actindia. As a curious fact, we highlight that the name of this fruit is the same that receives a bird from the mentioned oceanic country, which has a long beak, lacks wings and its coat is short and brown, so these features give it a very appearance Fruit-like
The acidity of this fruit has certain similarities with that of the strawberry. Give a bittersweet touch to each of the recipes that are prepared with it. It also provides the body with a large number of vitamins and minerals, the latter bring multiple benefits to the human body, such as: they help improve the immune system, reduce the risk of suffering several diseases, improve intestinal transit, among others.
In addition, there are multiple recipes and ways to consume this rich fruit, and it is for this reason that in the next article you will learn chow to eat kiwi.You may also be interested: How to make kiwi, apple and pineapple smoothie
The consumption of this fruit gives the human body important benefits. Specifically, the health benefits of kiwi What stand out the most are:
- It helps improve the immune system: Kiwi is a fruit with a high level of folic acid, it also helps prevent the common cold and increases hemoglobin levels as it increases the production of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. It is important to remember that each of these antibodies help prevent the entry of bacteria that can generate any type of virus in the body. If you suffer from anemia, kiwi will be an effective medication.
- Natural sun protection: In addition to using high-factor sunscreen (such as 50 or more), do not hesitate to eat kiwi, which has lutein, which helps repel the harmful effects of the sun's ultraviolet rays.
- It promotes digestion: Whoever eats this fruit, will have a better intestinal transit and, therefore, helps to solve the problems of constipation. To act in this way, it will be necessary to consume it during breakfast.
- It helps reduce stress and sleep better: Eating kiwi at night helps you relax and sleep better. Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and other vitamins, which are components that help reduce stress and anxiety levels, helping in relaxation and being able to fall asleep more easily, also helping to maintain sleep throughout the night.
- It improves the skin: This fruit has several rejuvenating properties, which help fight against premature aging, so they cause great effects on the dermis. Thanks to the large amount of antioxidants it contains, kiwi stimulates cell regeneration and is good for regulating acne breakouts, reducing scars, wrinkles and all kinds of spots on the face or body in general. The scalp will also benefit greatly from the consumption of kiwi, as it works as a source of hydration for the skin and hair fibers. For all this, it is widely used in beauty products.
In this other article we talk more about What are the properties of kiwi.
When it is not recommended to eat kiwi
The people allergic to the enzyme “proteolytic actidine”, they should not ingest kiwi, as well as fruits such as pineapple or papaya, nor should those who have kidney conditions, such as insufficiency or stones.
Also, those who are going through a box of poisoning should not eat the fruit, as it could increase symptoms such as vomiting, nausea and swallowing problems.
How to eat kiwi
There are several ways to eat kiwi, some people remove the shell while there are others who opt for eat kiwi with skin. Eating it with everything will allow you to contrast two completely different textures. In addition, in this way, it is possible to take advantage of all the nutrients that this fruit has. Specifically, the skin or skin is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
However, it is important to keep in mind that before consuming it, you should wash it with plenty of water, since it may have traces of pesticides that were used at the time of cultivation.
In case you do not like the texture of the skin, you can eat only the inside using a spoon. To do this, it will be necessary to cut the lower and upper end of the fruit or cut it in half, then you will have to introduce the spoon and extract the pulp to eat it little by little. Also, you can use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin and extract the pulp of the kiwi and eat it, either whole or chopped into pieces.
In addition, you can eat kiwi by adding it to a variety of recipes, as you will see below.
Recipes with kiwi - delicious!
Finally, we give you some recipe ideas with kiwi to eat this fruit in different tasty ways.
Fruit or Macedonian salad
Kiwi is a fundamental ingredient in any fruit salad, and if you have not tried it, the time has come to prepare it with some pieces of kiwi, pineapple, banana or cambur, apple, pear, watermelon or pinilla and grapes.
- Eliminate all the seeds of each of the fruits you are going to use, at least the big and hard ones.
- Cut the fruits and place the pieces in a bowl.
- To season the salad, you can prepare a sauce with orange juice and a spoonful of honey.
- Once you have prepared it, pour it into the bowl where you have the fruit to immediately cool it in the fridge. After a few minutes you can enjoy your salad with very cold kiwi.
To make a refreshing kiwi smoothie, you need 4 kiwis, 2 lemons, water, sugar and ice (optional).
- Cut the kiwis into large pieces and put them in the blender while adding the water, according to the thickness you want.
- Add the lemon juice and blend all the ingredients.
- Finally, serve and place several pieces of ice to cool it.
This drink is perfect to drink alone or even accompany any meal. For example, try it at breakfast and you will see that it is able to provide you with the energy you need every morning.
Here you can see another recipe for kiwi smoothie to try other combinations: How to make apple and kiwi smoothie.
Kiwi ice cream
It is an excellent dessert for the little ones of the house, to prepare it you must have 9 peeled kiwis, sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Put the sugar and water in a small pot to heat. When these two ingredients are integrated, let them stand.
- Add them in the blender with the kiwis and lemon juice.
- Mix them until a slightly smooth consistency is achieved.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream pan, popsicles or popsicles and place it in the freezer for at least half an hour. Once that time elapses, they will be ready to eat.
As explained throughout the article, there are multiple ways to eat kiwi and prepare exquisite dishes based on this nutritious fruit. The higher its consumption, the better the results it will give the body, which is why you can not hesitate to eat this fruit as many times as you want.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to eat kiwiWe recommend that you enter our Food and Drink category.